Government of Telangana vide Government Order (G.O.) No.24 dated July 25, 2019, extended the permissions to all Shops and Establishments to keep open on all days of the year for a period of three (3) years till June 15, 2022 subject to fulfilment of the conditions in the extension G.O.
Further, vide G.O. No. 25 dated July 25, 2019, the Telangana Government also extended the exemption issued to all Information Technology (IT) and IT-enabled services (ITES) establishments in Telangana with regard to the below provisions for a period of five (5) years till May 29, 2023:
- Section 15: Prohibition on keeping open of establishments before/after the fixed hours
- Section 16: Daily work of eight (8) hours and weekly work of 48 hours
- Section 21: Prohibition on employment of young persons between the age of 14 to 18 years after 7 pm and before 6 am
- Section 23: Prohibition on employment of women after 8:30 pm and before 6 am
- Section 31: Mandatory five (5) holidays on Republic Day, May Day, Independence Day, Gandhi Jayanthi and Telangana formation day
Earlier the exemption was in effect for five (5) years from May 30, 2013 in the combined State of Andhra Pradesh, while this G.O. 25 is applicable only for the State of Telangana.