The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (the MCA) vide its notification dated 5 July 2018, has notified the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) fourth Amendment Rules, 2018 which shall come into force with effect from 10 July 2018.
The MCA shall be updating its registry and conducting KYC of all Directors through a new e-form DIR-3 KYC. As immediate step, the e-form DIR-3 KYC shall have to be compulsorily filed on or before 31 August 2018 by:
- Every Director (whether Indian or Foreign) who has been allotted Director Identification Number (DIN) on or before 31 March 2018 and whose DIN is in ‘Approved’
- Every person having DIN irrespective of whether he holds any Directorship.
- All disqualified Directors.
Going further, every individual who has been allotted DIN as on 31st March of a respective financial year shall have to file the e-form on or before 30th April of the following financial year.
Filing Fees for e-form DIR-3-KYC (as per the Companies (Registration Office and Fees) Third Amendment Rules 2018) which shall come into effect from 10th July, 2018):
|Due dates||Filing Fees|
|i) Fees payable till 31st August, 2018 for DIR-3-KYC for current financial year (2018-19)||Nil|
|ii) Fees payable on or after 1st September, 2018 for current financial year (2018-19)||Rs. 5000|
|iii) Fees payable till 30th April of every financial year (i.e. from FY 2019-2020 onwards) for DIR-3-KYC as at 31st March of immediate preceding financial year||Nil|
|iv) Fees Payable in delayed cases||Rs. 5000|
The MCA will mark all approved DINs as ‘Deactivated’ if the e-form is not filed within the aforementioned due dates citing reason as ‘Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’. The deactivated DIN shall only be activated after the e-form DIR-3-KYC has been filed with MCA with the additional fees.
Few important points to remember while filing the e-form:
- Income Tax PAN, in case of Indian nationals and Passport, in case of Foreign Nationals is mandatory.
- A Unique Personal Mobile Number and a Personal Email ID shall have to be mandatorily provided in the e-form and the same would be verified by a One Time Password (OTP).
- The e-form should be filed by every Director using his own DSC. Thus, it is mandatory for every Director to have a valid DSC.
- The e-form should be duly certified by a Practising Chartered Accountant or a Practising Company Secretary or a Practising Cost Accountant.
Immediate Action Plan:
- Apply for DSC of all Directors (renewing expired DSCs as well as applying for fresh ones)
- As attachments:
- Proof of Identity: PAN/Passport/Aadhar
- Proof of Address: Passport/Aadhar Card/Voter Identity Card/Driving License